Day 2 Chicken Teriyaki
with the Central Mosque to its East flank, the narrow road leading from Hamilton Hotel South towards the Han River, lies BoGwangDong, a rather modest neighborhood where many ladies working in iTaewon live . and as many with night jobs, and too tiresome to cook in the daytime, take-out or made-to-order abound from Korea’s own Chinese delivery to new pizza parlours and seaweed rice chains .
but most are alike, and one gone and replacing as times are bad, perhaps with the exception of Pizza Hut as mentioned on this BLog with prompt on-Line order and immaculate delivery with a salute .
a new contender has joined although in a hard-to-find corner . on top of the small hill between ChungHwa Apartment rear entrance and PolyTechnic University, there is a three-way street with a traffic light . this is in the Eastern corner hidden from direct view because it is right behind the cell phone telecommunications branch .
location cordinates : the three-way street is the Bus Stop : Polytechnic University,
the three roads that intersect are :
- road across from Hamilton Hotel at iTaewon Subway Station,
- road next to iTaewon Fire Station going up to-and-past Hooker Hill and Mosque Hill (just go straight without going into any of the these Left alleys)
- BoGwangDong alley leading to the bus terminus at Han River (HanGang)
only two tables so hard to take a seat and they take orders too, but take almost a hour for delivery in the same neighborhood duh – so take-out is your best bet currently .
so what makes this place so special . first, even in an inconventional place like iTaewon people gather on any new place, and thus the late delivery . but their menu is not set like most branch outlets, and seem to be done by the feel of cook and owner . also it is not cheap at each dish set W7,000 . but the ingretients are fresh, and side menu varies by day as I tried to show you on the photos above, where the side dish are different even with the main dish .
and as a real popular place with a few specialized menu would have it : they only have 8 set menus, and some days not even that, depending upon customer frequency -_- I will try to express in Korean pronounciation for you to order, and explain : W7,000 each unless quoted otherwise
- Chicken Teriyaki, chicken in sweet-marinated soy sauce
- Yoo Rin Gi, chicken cutlet with vegetables (probably)
- Dalk Gang Jeong, sweet marbled on top of fried chicken
- Lemon Gi, chicken cutlet with lemon
- Bossam Teriyaki, steam pork in sweet-marinated soy sauce
- Bassak Bulgogi, Korean barbecue
- Honey Bossam, steam pork rolled in vegetable (you roll it yourself) W19,000
- Gogi Keuk Soo, meat soup W6,000
– iTaewon BLog, prior to Monsoon July 2012 –